>> event planning articles > Space required in a marquee
Space required in a marquee
When you plan a marquee event you need to know how much space to allow for furniture and other features. As a rough guide use 3x3m boxes:
- For a 5ft round table seating 8-10 or a 5ft6in round table seating 9-11 guests allow one 3x3m square box
- For a set of buffet tables (usually three 6ft trestles) allow 3x6m (ie two 3x3m boxes)
- For a top table (tradition long table or an oval) allow 3x6m
- DJ’s: 3x3m
- Band: At least 3x6m depending on how many people are involved
- Bar: 3x3m (often with another 3x3m for a sofa or spare seats)
- Dance floors can vary in size depending on the type of event and number of guests so they’re a bit tricky.
Also consider leaving some space clear when people first walk in and in front of any catering entrance if you have the space to do so.
Of course you can just use our marquee planner or email us and one of us will put something together for you.
Thanks for reading