>> event planning articles > DIY Marquees guide to marquee hire
DIY Marquees guide to marquee hire
This blog is intended to offer help and advice to those in the marquee hire industry or who are thinking or joining. From experience I can say that it is a very enjoyable professional that keeps you fit and has a large amount of job satisfaction
Obviously the first question to ask is what marquees should you buy and where should you buy them from.
Naturally I’m going to say buy your marquees from DIY Marquees but apparently other suppliers are available. Here’s a list of reasons why we believe we’re the best supplier:
- Experience. We’ve run a successful marquee hire business (and would still be doing so bar a freak injury), we know what products are needed and the quality of service required by a supplier. We are also on hand to offer advice whenever required.
- Stock. We keep very large stocks enabling you to offer size options you may not actually have.
- Accessories. You may not need too many accessories when you start out but over time as you expand you will require more and more accessories for your marquees.
- Spares and replacement parts. Although our marquees are as durable as we can design them accidents can happen and parts can get damaged. Unfortunately as a hire company you often only find out when the marquee comes down (Mon/Tues) and you may need it to go back up in a few days. We keep large stocks and can get spares to you quickly (usually overnight). Before buying from elsewhere just phone them and pretend you need a spare part and see the service on offer, it may be fine, it may be that you have to wait a long time for a part to come from abroad (or they may refuse to sell you spares). We have a lot of people phoning to find out if our spares are compatible with other makes that they cannot get spares for.
- A trusted family business. We have been in business over 30 years and are a second generation family business (the 3rd generation is in training). We have built up a reputation for being reliable, value for money backed up with excellent service.
Regarding what marquees to buy my recommendation is always not to buy too many to start with. You need one or two with which to learn how to put them up but then you can essentially offer all of the sizes we supply and just buy a marquee when you have a booking for it. If you already have a larger marquee of the same width you can always just buy a smaller roof.
The reason we have been in business for so long is because it is in our interest for you to be successful, to offer products that give you great returns on investment and ensure we supply everything you need to expand the business in the future.
Contact us today to see how we can help you start up or expand your marquee hire business.
Thanks for reading, the blog will become fortnightly this year while we try and expand our event planning articles (which will be written on alternate weeks)